Friday, July 11, 2008

Milan Business Trip June 2008

Happen on: June 9 - 14, 2008
Location: Milan, Italy

After company cancelled my trip to US in April, finally I got my approval for my milan trip in June after the long explaination for justifying my trip.

This trip's objective is to review the design schedule and progress with my supplier in Italy.
Milan, a place where many woman loves to go, because of all the expensive branded stuff...Prada, Guici, LV, Giogio Amarni ...you name it, they are all there in Milan. Most of them are located at the street of Monte Napolene, or in the 100 years old shopping complex Galeria Victoria.

I have been to Milan first time last year Jan 2007, freeze to death. This time round, is summer so I just need to carried a small luggage without any winter cloth.

Last trip, I shop till my pants drop, because never see so many branded shop in one place, this time, i slept most of the time in the hotel.

My first impression to Italy is very unsafe, all my friend whom been there ask me to be careful, it is because the pickpocket almost gone up to the most professional stage among the world. Almost every friend of mine been there have had bad experience. For me, I had two, first, I was bumped by a guy from behind when taking picture, but nothing was lost, and he didn't seems like appologize either. Secondly, some one hand us the pigeon food at the Duomo plaza, and ask for 5 Euro for a handful of snack. After negotiation, 1 Euro settled with some threatening phrase. Not that bad compare to other friends of mine.

But I have many Italian supplier friends, they are nice people indeed, and they are passionate people, they love to hug and kiss ...not to me though. =P. And their coffee is one of the best I would say. We had an conversion during dinner with my US colleagues there, and the US folks suggested that starbuck should be opened here in Milan or Rome. And the Italian responded if this were going to happen, within 1 month, it will be closed down. Frank and true though. They love expresso much more and not american coffee or capucino. And coffee for them is a need, not just for enjoyment.









What so different about Duomo de Milan this time is the renovation board cover the front panel was taken down, showing its unique architecture gothic front panel to the world





that's the pizza i going to finish, but i couldn't

Eating mozarrela pizza alone in hilton watching Romania vs Italy game of Euro 2008.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: